LinD wrote:Would the adrenal drops be enough?
http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/had-ad ... ml#tablist
MamaGrok wrote:I remember that back in mega-thread days at MDA, jansz and others said to take DHEA first, then later pregnenolone. If DHEA led to excessive androgens, you should take 7-keto DHEA instead. That's all I remember. So I'm totally in the dark about other ideas & precautions and greatly appreciate them!
I have had lots of liver & kidney labs. Is that the kind of knowledge of function you mean, or is there anything else to know about? Sx? Imaging?
Is it simply a matter of testing, e.g., 16 OH estrogen (I made that up; don't know if that's really a test) like I did 17-OH progesterone? I can easily run those labs however often would be helpful to keep an idea on things.
Are these all things that a good doc like Dzugan would be keeping tabs on, or are you saying I need to keep an eye on them whether I'm working on my own or with his protocols (or similar).
I'm still not sure about the adrenals. I saw great improvement with the CT3P, which implies adrenals were at least a part of my problem. My temp is 100% steady now (either the iodine or the DHEA did it) at 98.6 second half & 97.6 first half of my cycle. That is an amazing change for me, and indicates better adrenal function. What would I need to keep an idea on to know if DHEA supp would always be fruitless, or to indicate sufficient improvement?
Great things to think about!
MamaGrok wrote:No thread for Dr. Dzugan yet? Calling Colleen and anyone else who has used his protocols...
- What is the difference between DM & XR? The lady on the phone (b/c I guess I accidentally got directed to XR) said DM is "just hormones" and XR is "hormones plus nutrition and lifestyle (and something else I forgot)," and that you should do whichever works best for you. She was not pushing XR. I think Dzugan & Rozakis split. Any reason this means I should choose one over the other?
- What changes have you seen since following Dzugan protocols that can't be attributed to anything else you've done?
- Can I learn enough from reading Your Blood Doesn't Lie, or is the concierge service (at least, that's what XR offers, I think) needed?
- If I had a very good MD who read YBDL, would that be enough, or would paying for the DM or XR service offer a substantial advantage?
My hormones SUCK and just supplementing 33mg/day of DHEA has done, literally, nothing to the levels. I supp'd from Jan to March and re-did some tests with very disappointing results.
- pregnenolone is still hovering around 75 (optimal: 200-230)
- DHEA-S DROPPED from 280 to 218 (optimal 250-380) despite supplementation. ?
- 17-OH Progesterone - 78
- Total Estrogens went from 230 to 194 (optimal 250-437) (day 19)
- Estradiol went from 129 to 148 (woohoo?)
- Estrone - 94
- Progesterone stable at 14.2 (6-28 best; Colleen recommends >15)
- P:E Ratio went from 96 (9 months ago) to 83
- LH - 6.7. FSH - 5.8 (day 5 2 months ago)
- Testosterone plummeted. Jan'12 it was 30; Jun'12-21; Jan'13-24; Mar'13-8!!! (Optimal is 60-76)
- Free T is at the bottom of the lab range at .1
- %Free T is 1.28
- SHBG has gone up from 151 a year ago to 188 this Jan. It should be 51, say my notes? Lab range tops out at 122. This is obviously my problem.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest