Doing the Fat Fast Diet WHILE on HCG

Doing the Fat Fast Diet WHILE on HCG

Postby itsybitsy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:24 pm

From Dana Carpender, author of The Fat Fast Cookbook:
I can tell you that I have found that, over the short haul, I lose almost twice as fast by fat fasting as I do on HCG — 7.5 pounds in 8 days, or almost a pound a day. On HCG I lost about a half-pound a day.

http://www.carbsmart.com/can-you-do-the-hcg-diet-and-atkins-fat-fast.html
Since there are no ads to pay for this site, your support is appreciated to defray the expenses! If you enjoy the Cave, please click to donate. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... WYX45UHBJY
Thank you!
itsybitsy
Site Admin

Re: Doing the Fat Fast Diet WHILE on HCG

Postby Grammy1952 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Man I would never ever ever eat fat while on hcg again. What a total, epic fail for me.

The difference with the fat fast and hcg most likely for me will be not being able to stay on it for very long. I started getting hungry on day 4. I'm fat fasting again today and am still a bit hungry. Powering through but not sure how long I can go at a stretch. And then not sure how much I would lose doing it after 7 days on regular paleo. It's still very experimental to me just yet.
Grammy1952

Postby Grammy1952 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Too bad I can't comment on that post. LOL She's early days yet when she wrote it. I'd like to see how much she kept off from the week with hcg. The very idea fills me with horror. LOL
Grammy1952

Postby LisaAPB » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 am

There's another diet program out there that touts 20 lbs in 28 days, can't recall the name... something Metabolism, authors first name is Haylie, and she is a veterinarian turned nutritionist and health coach. supposedly she knows about fattening animals up, or in the case of race horses, leaning them out without compromising muscle.

Her basic approach is cycling through 3 phases per week,
Phase 1 - 2 days carbs (650-750 cals),
Phase 2 - 2 days lean protein & non starch veg (800-900 cals), and
Phase 3 - 3 days 50% fat, 50% split between protein & non starch carbs (1100-1300 cals).
No wheat, no dairy, no sugar.

I did not read the book, I read some reviews. The basic menu on phase one looked like oatmeal & fruit, on phase 2 meats and salads, phase 3 is a good mix but even so, still low calorie.
LisaAPB

Postby maile » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 am

there are a couple of hcg coaches out there that do fat + hcg (no CT obviously) and have success with the combo both for themselves and for their clients

loseit4ever does a couple of days where she just has macadamia nuts (1000 calories worth)
Biz at HTA does a protocol as well which I believe is about 80% fat

fat + hcg doesn`t work for me either but apparently it does work for some
accept that what works for you may be a semi-unique pattern of variable settings. -dnj1965 at MDA
maile
Site Admin

Postby Grammy1952 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 am

Shudder, maile. LOL I won't send anyone to those coaches for sure.

Lisa, interesting about that diet. I haven't heard of it. The most successful diet I'd been on prior to hcg was Michael Thurmond's 6 week makeover diet which touted 30 pounds off in 6 weeks. I lost about 20 though. I didn't keep it off though. It's 1000 calories or so and it cuts fat. You can have small amounts of starch, no sugar, no gluten.
Grammy1952

Postby BawdyWench » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 am

I did Michael Thurmond's 6-week makeover on the advice of an NP (a flake, by the way) and was utterly miserable the whole time. Hubby tried it with me (strange that he was more willing to try low-fat than high-fat/low-carb!), and we lasted less than a week. I lost a few pounds, but they didn't stay off as I was ravenous the whole time.

I downloaded Dana's FF ebook as soon as it came out, and tried a couple days of it, but didn't keep it up. Something about life getting in the way! I'll certainly be trying it again, though. When first looking into it, I was thinking like ColleenC that doing it maybe Monday through Thursday and then regular Paleo Friday through Sunday would be a good plan.
BawdyWench

Postby Grammy1952 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 am

My hubby lost 35 pounds on that Thurmond thing. He didn't keep it off though. HCG was much more successful long term for him. :)

That's probably a good plan with the FF, BW. I got a bunch of mac nuts and am going to make some Fat Bombs for the trip home to Indiana. It's a 3 day road trip but those should be easy to do. I'm going to try anyway. Maybe I won't go home with the usual 5 pounds of water weight from travel.
Grammy1952

Postby BawdyWench » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am

Have you tried any of the recipes in her ebook? I tried the Paleo bread (or whatever it was called; it was the last recipe in the book, I think). HORRIBLE!!! I didn't even get so far as to put it in the oven. There was not even close to having enough liquid in the batter. I suppose I could have just kept adding more liquid, but I threw it out instead.

I also tried the alfredo with the shirataki noodles. Yuck. Those things are so slimy, even after rinsing them several times.
BawdyWench

Postby Grammy1952 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

That's what I've been doing, the ones in the book. I haven't tried the bread one. I love, love, love many of them though.
Grammy1952

Postby DuhPrincess » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 pm

I just used a bag of Angel Hair Miracle Noodles with my own spaghetti sauce and they were okay this time. I rinsed them a lot longer than the package directions then boiled them a little longer and rinsed them again (water was too cold so I had to warm 'em up again in some new water) then blotted with paper towels. No fishy taste with the extra rinsing.

Was her alfredo sauce recipe okay despite the slimy noodles???
DuhPrincess

Postby Grammy1952 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm

I haven't done any of the noodle ones. I can't find the noodles for one thing. I have used Miracle Noodles on occasion in the past. I wash them for like 5 min and they are okay. But I always have to order them online.
Grammy1952

Postby maile » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Grammy1952 wrote:I haven't done any of the noodle ones. I can't find the noodles for one thing. I have used Miracle Noodles on occasion in the past. I wash them for like 5 min and they are okay. But I always have to order them online.

do you have an asian grocery near you? that's where I get mine, in a cooler section.

I can't do the tofu ones those are simply nasty!
accept that what works for you may be a semi-unique pattern of variable settings. -dnj1965 at MDA
maile
Site Admin

Postby Grammy1952 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

No I live in a small town. The health food store in Ft Wayne doesn't carry them either but maybe there is an Asian store there. It's a bigger city, about an hour away.
Grammy1952

Return to Other Eating Plans or Diets